Friday, May 25, 2012

Just a little intro and a starter spew :)

      Hello to everyone out there! I am a proud childfree, atheist otaku nerd. (Sounds redundant, but that's just me.)  :) Since I've seen numerous blogs on subjects near and dear to other people, I thought that it was about time that I did the same. I'm mainly doing this to show you life from the view of a mid-30s college student and military vet who chooses not to follow 'conventions', i.e., marry and pop out babies by a certain age.
       As much as the evidence points to this year being well into the new milenium, why do so many people STILL have the mindset of being in the 1950s? O_o  Last time I checked, birth control is still an option, although if some Republicans had their way, it would be banned from this country altogether. You'd think that people choosing NOT to have kids would be a good thing at this point in time. After all, we are at 7+ billion people on this planet, we really should stop for a while.
      But, I don't see that happening, due to culture dictating procreation in a lot of cases. No, it doesn't just happen in other countries, there's plenty of that general attitude right here in the States. Most of you childfree folks have encountered this numerous times. I certainly have. I usually get a lot of crap from my relatives: "Of course you should get married and have kids! It's what every woman should do!" (gag) "Don't you want to give your mom grandchildren someday?" (no, not really) "You'll change your mind when you're older." (doubtful) "They'll make your relationship stronger." (um....it's a kid, not a fucking band-aid)
      You get the idea. I've lost track of the times I've had to bite my tongue out of "respect" for my relatives. :p Now that I'll be thirty-five soon, I feel no need to respect them anymore; they certainly don't care about my feelings, and my parents can no longer spank me for disrespect. ;)  (There'll be plenty more relative rants coming up.) Anyway, take care, see you next time. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment