Friday, October 26, 2012

Midterms, NaNoWriMo, and Procrastination

        Blech, midterms...evil like finals, but with less pressure. I admit, I've been slacking in the studying department, but who doesn't slack at times? Honestly, I find that I'm getting bored with school in general, but not enough to give up. Besides, I need to do well enough to transfer to a more exciting school for my last year. Of course, goofing off on the interwebs isn't helping either. I'm getting to be as bad as the younger kids. @_@
        On top of all this, I'm insane enough to partake in NaNoWriMo. For those of you that have no clue what that is, it stands for National Novel Writing Month. It happens every November, and you try to write a novel during the entire month. It has to be at least 50,000 words. Many have tried, few have succeeded. Both professional and amateur writers (such as yours truly) participate in the fun. I doubt I'll finish my novel, but it would be fun to try, and get to know some other people. :)
        I've been down with a serious case of Don't-Give-A-Fuck Syndrome lately; pretty sad, really. I've been meaning to get a friend's cross-stitch picture done for the longest time, but every time I come home from school, all I want is a nap. Same with writing papers for classes...I put it off until I go into panic mode. But...I'll get myself together in time to pass everything.
        Also, I've been doing some nerd shopping. I'm buying manga volumes as they're being released; I'm getting super cool collector's tins from eBay of one of my all-time favorite animes, Fullmetal Alchemist. I don't know what it is about Edward Elric and company, but they're just too awesome for words. While lots of fangirls squeal over Ed, I personally find Alphonse to be the more adorable of the two. (Especially when he's depicted as older.) ^_^ As soon as I get paid, I'm also getting a Tiger and Bunny wall scroll; too bad the anime won't be released until February. On the other hand, my room will look even cooler. :D
       On a serious note, we all know elections are coming up soon. Here in Minnesota, we have a marriage amendment that the religious asshats want passed. I, of course, am voting against it. As far as I'm concerned, marriage should be between two people who love each other, no matter what genitalia they possess. Just because I'm straight, doesn't mean that the right to marry should be mine and mine alone.
       That's pretty much all I have to say for the time being. I'm sure more exciting stuff will happen soon; if it does, you'll be the first to know. :)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment